Welcome to Carnon Downs GP Surgery situated midway between Truro, Falmouth and Redruth.
We are a dispensing practice offering care to approximately 6000 patients from a single modern site which is located on the outskirts of the village.
The practice team of doctors, nurses, dispensers and administration staff take pride in providing the highest standard of healthcare. Traditional values are combined with modern advances whilst encouraging patients to be active participants in the care they receive. We offer a full range of medical care plus many other extra services that demonstrate our ethos of innovation for patient benefit.
We are also part of the Coastal Primary Care Network working alongside Chacewater & Devoran, St Agnes and Perranporth Surgeries.
We hope that you will use our website to make the best use of the services we provide.
ADVICE FROM THE GOVERNMENT ABOUT PATIENTS VISITING THE PRACTICE
Please note the government update as of 29.11.21. We need to ascertain our patients travel history prior to entering the building and our isolation area can be used for any patients that need to be seen with symptoms. The countries are highlighted below that are now on the UK red list.
The public advice is:
- On Thursday 25th November, South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zimbabwe and Namibia were added to the UK’s travel red list.
- From 4am on Sunday 28th November, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Angola were also added to the travel red list.
- Non-UK and Irish residents i.e. people who are not normally resident within the UK or Ireland regardless of nationality, who have been in these countries in the previous 10 days will be refused entry into England.
- Those returning from any of these places before 4am on Sunday 28th November must take an NHS PCR on day 2 and day 8 – they must self-isolate for 10 days at home along with their households.
- After 4am Sunday, residents of UK and Ireland returning will have to stay in Managed Quarantine Services.
- Anyone who has returned from those areas in the past 10 days should take a PCR – regardless of whether they have booked or used a lateral flow device, and regardless of its result. UKHSA is actively following up with these individuals.
NOW BOOKING - UPDATE ON INFLUENZA VACCINATIONS 2021
CLINICS AS FOLLOWS:
UNDER 65'S WITH A LONG TERM CONDITION + PATIENTS AGED 50 - 65 WITHOUT A LONG TERM CONDITION -
FRIDAY AFTERNOONS 4.00PM - 6.00PM LAST CLINIC FRI 10 DECEMBER
CHILDREN AGED 2 & 3 YRS OR WITH A LONG TERM CONDITION AND AGED UNDER 16 YRS - please call the team
*** THE NURSING TEAM CAN ALSO ADMINISTER YOUR VACCINE IF YOU ARE IN THE COHORTS BELOW DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE SEEING A NURSE HERE AT THE SURGERY FOR BLOOD TESTS/ANNUAL REVIEWS ETC ***
The expanded influenza vaccination programme that we had last year will continue in 2021 to 2022 as part of our wider winter planning when we are likely to see both influenza and COVID-19 in circulation. This means that as a temporary measure the offer for 50 to 64-year-olds will continue this year to protect this age group, as hospitalisation from COVID-19 also increases from the age of 50 years onwards. Please support our practice by attending the surgery for your flu vaccine. Your safety and the health of our community is our priority.
NHS GUIDANCE ON WEARING FACE MASKS - JULY 2021
England’s Chief Nurse has today reminded the public that everyone accessing or visiting healthcare settings must continue to wear a face covering and follow social distancing rules.
Covid restrictions will end in many settings in England from Monday 19 July.
However, Public Health England’s infection prevention control guidelines and hospital visiting guidance are set to remain in place for all staff and visitors.
That means NHS visitor guidance will stay in place across all health services including hospitals, GP practices, dental practices, optometrists and pharmacies to ensure patients and staff are protected.
Staff, patients and visitors will also be expected to continue to follow social distancing rules when visiting any care setting as well as using face coverings, mask and other personal protection equipment.
The NHS will continue to support staff in ensuring that the guidance is followed in all healthcare settings.
For further details click here
WE ARE NOW LIVE ON THE NATIONAL BOOKING SYSTEM FOR BOOSTER VACCINES AND 1ST/2ND VACCINATIONS!
CHOOSE MOUNT HAWKE COVID CLINICS or BOOK AT YOUR MOST CONVENIENT CLINIC LOCATION - CHECK THE PRESS FOR DROP-IN CLINICS
Call 119 or go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
LONG TERM CONDITION REVIEWS TO RESUME MAY 2021 - CLICK HERE
Visit us on Facebook
(Site updated 29/11/2021)