Welcome to Carnon Downs GP Surgery situated midway between Truro, Falmouth and Redruth.
We are a dispensing practice offering care to approximately 6000 patients from a single modern site which is located on the outskirts of the village.
The practice team of doctors, nurses, dispensers and administration staff take pride in providing the highest standard of healthcare. Traditional values are combined with modern advances whilst encouraging patients to be active participants in the care they receive. We offer a full range of medical care plus many other extra services that demonstrate our ethos of innovation for patient benefit.
We are also part of the Coastal Primary Care Network working alongside Chacewater & Devoran, St Agnes and Perranporth Surgeries.
We hope that you will use our website to make the best use of the services we provide.
NOW BOOKING - UPDATE ON INFLUENZA VACCINATIONS 2021
CLINICS AS FOLLOWS:
OVER 65'S - SATURDAY MORNINGS 8.30AM - 1.30PM - EXTRA DECEMBER CLINICS NOW AVAILABLE (NOVEMBER DATES FULL)
UNDER 65'S WITH A LONG TERM CONDITION LISTED BELOW - FRIDAY AFTERNOONS 4.00PM - 6.00PM
PATIENTS AGED 50 - 65 WITHOUT A LONG TERM CONDITION - FRIDAY AFTERNOONS 4.00PM - 6.00PM
CHILDREN AGED 2 & 3 YRS OR WITH A LONG TERM CONDITION AND AGED UNDER 16 YRS - MONDAY AFTERNOONS 2.00PM OR 5.00PM CLINIC (ALTERNATING)
*** THE NURSING TEAM CAN ALSO ADMINISTER YOUR VACCINE IF YOU ARE IN THE COHORTS BELOW DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE SEEING A NURSE HERE AT THE SURGERY FOR BLOOD TESTS/ANNUAL REVIEWS ETC ***
The expanded influenza vaccination programme that we had last year will continue in 2021 to 2022 as part of our wider winter planning when we are likely to see both influenza and COVID-19 in circulation. This means that as a temporary measure the offer for 50 to 64-year-olds will continue this year to protect this age group, as hospitalisation from COVID-19 also increases from the age of 50 years onwards. Please support our practice by attending the surgery for your flu vaccine. Your safety and the health of our community is our priority.
Therefore, those eligible for NHS influenza vaccination in 2021 to 2022 are:
- All children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021 (School-age children will be vaccinated at school – we can only vaccinate 2 and 3-year-old children or if your child is on our Long Term Condition register.
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups (see our website)
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff employed by a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care provider, a voluntary managed hospice provider or Direct Payment (personal budgets) and/or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants
Clinical Risk Groups/Long Term Conditions include:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as; asthma (Not all Asthma conditions only those which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), learning disability or cerebral palsy
- Problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- Being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
NHS GUIDANCE ON WEARING FACE MASKS - JULY 2021
England’s Chief Nurse has today reminded the public that everyone accessing or visiting healthcare settings must continue to wear a face covering and follow social distancing rules.
Covid restrictions will end in many settings in England from Monday 19 July.
However, Public Health England’s infection prevention control guidelines and hospital visiting guidance are set to remain in place for all staff and visitors.
That means NHS visitor guidance will stay in place across all health services including hospitals, GP practices, dental practices, optometrists and pharmacies to ensure patients and staff are protected.
Staff, patients and visitors will also be expected to continue to follow social distancing rules when visiting any care setting as well as using face coverings, mask and other personal protection equipment.
The NHS will continue to support staff in ensuring that the guidance is followed in all healthcare settings.
For further details click here
WE ARE NOW LIVE ON THE NATIONAL BOOKING SYSTEM FOR BOOSTER VACCINES AND 1ST/2ND VACCINATIONS!
CHOOSE MOUNT HAWKE COVID CLINICS or BOOK AT YOUR MOST CONVENIENT CLINIC LOCATION - CHECK THE PRESS FOR DROP-IN CLINICS
OUR RECEPTION TEAM HAVE ACCESS TO MOUNT HAWKE CLINICS AND CAN BOOK YOU IN FOR YOUR BOOSTER VACCINE IF YOU HAD YOUR SECOND VACCINE MORE THAN 26 WEEKS BEFORE - PLEASE BE PATIENT ON THE PHONE LINES - IF WE ARE ENGAGED CALL BACK LATER IN THE DAY,
LONG TERM CONDITION REVIEWS TO RESUME MAY 2021 - CLICK HERE
Visit us on Facebook
(Site updated 28/10/2021)