COVID PANDEMIC - OUR DISPENSARY REMAINS OPEN AT THIS TIME
How can I get my medication?
- Please order your medication as usual using your normal frequency - please do not order early.
- Please do not attempt to order more than your usual amount - the NHS is not permitting over ordering to prevent national shortages.
- The surgery is open for medication collections via the waiting room window so you will be able to collect without entering the building.
- If you are unable to collect due to self isolation please ask a friend or family member to collect on your behalf as you might for grocery shopping.
- Please leave a MINIMUM of TWO TO THREE WORKING DAYS before you collect medication - we will be unable to dispense items any quicker, please give our dispensary team as much time as possible to prepare all orders. You may be asked to return again - if possible help us by leaving it THREE days before you arrive.
- We cannot process orders after 2.00pm so anything ordered after this time either via the prescription box or the online system will be processed during the following morning.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8.30AM - 5PM (please ring the bell if the window is unattended as we may have skeleton staff)
If you are finding it difficult to collect medication we have lots of community support see below for their telephone numbers.
COMMUNITY HELP IN OUR AREA
We have some wonderful volunteers in our area who are willing to help collect your medication, walk the dog, collect groceries etc. Please ring the numbers the below if you need help. Please keep our phones lines free for the doctors to call out to our unwell patients.
FEOCK PARISH COUNCIL : 07904 547822
PERRAN AR WORTHAL EMERGENCY PLAN AREA: 07564 066 467 or Pawemergencyplan@gmail.com
KEA PARISH: 07887 913488 lines open from 10am - 1.00pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PONSANOOTH AREA: 07548 778238 or email email@example.com OR contact the Shop (01872) 857019 or Pub (01872) 863046
MYLOR PARISH COUNCIL AREA: 01326 379359
VOLUNTEER CORNWALL (GWENNAP AREA and others) : 01872 266988 or firstname.lastname@example.org
URGENT ADVICE FOR PATIENTS WITH ASTHMA OR COPD
* IMPORTANT - Please share *
There appears to be a post circulating on social media in regard to contacting your GP for an ‘emergency pack or rescue pack’ if you suffer with either COPD or asthma, which contains antibiotics and steroids.
The post is inaccurate and dangerous. GP surgeries are not routinely offering these 'emergency packs'. If we do so, the system will collapse and we would be unable to cope with the level of demand it would create. We will run out of essential medication for those who truly need it.
Please could patients request their regular medication as normal.
If people are well, they must not request 'emergency/rescue packs' unless this is part of your previous normal management plan.
If unwell, contact your surgery to receive a telephone ring back from a GP who can make a clinical decision as to whether these treatments are appropriate.
If you think you are showing signs and symptoms of coronavirus, please self-isolate, and contact NHS 111 online.
Please help us keep the NHS going - don’t share misinformation.